What we are
- The International Thespian Society is an organization dedicated to commending high school theater students worldwide. Martin High School's troupe number is #3706.
- Entry is based upon Theatre experience. All acting and technical experience can be quantified and converted to points. The more points, the higher the Thespian rank and honors.
- Only 10 points are required for entry. Application is strongly encouraged!
- Points will be calculated in a meeting second semester. All newcomers are welcome to see if they are eligible to be inducted.
- Thespian points are only valid for shows worked on in high school: junior high or elementary shows are not applicable.
- Community theater/technical experience outside of Martin Theater may also be valid if done during high school. Be sure to ask if it is possible to gain some extra points.
- Membership allows members numerous scholarship opportunities and is an excellent resume booster!
- Please ask a Thespian officer if you wish for more detailed information.
Thespian Festival 2019
- The International Thespian Festival is a massive event to celebrate and educate theater students. The Texas Festival will be held at the Gaylord Hotel November 21-23.
- The Festival will entail a number of performances, specialized workshops, potential auditions, competitions and fun for all. Additionally, workshops will be available for both actors and technical workers on a plethora of subjects.
- Pricing will be approximately $375. Registration is due by September 9th and payment is due at a later date . Paying an issue? Payment plans are available with extended deadlines for those struggling to pay up front. However, if you commit to this event, you MUST pay to avoid major fines.
- THE EVENT IS OPEN TO ALL THEATER STUDENTS! Even if you have not been inducted to the Thespian Society or spent much time in Martin Players, you can still come!